Hi,

I want to convert data supplied by a file into their corresponding
internal values.

I have an external file with data that are in the form "variable
name", tab,  followed by their value.  The 'value 'can be a single
number, an array of numbers, or a matrix of numbers,   For example,
the file might look like this:
a	2.4
b	1,0, 3.0, 5.0
c	5, 6, 11
d	[1, 2], [5, 6], [45,55]

I can get a, b, and c to convert to single values and arrays, thanks
to this forum, but I cannot figure out a way to convert d into an
array of arrays.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ideally I would like to match the variable name in the file to the
corresponding and same name in the program.  Any ideas how to do that?

Thanks

Pete Versteegen