Fredrik J wrote:
> Hello all!
> Here is a question for all you Qtruby experts:
>
> I am writing a GUI with Qtruby, which is working great. I am also using
> some software written in C (RTP, http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~watt/rtp/)
> that is plotting data in Qt. Now - I would like to tell this C
> application to use the main window that I have created in my Ruby code
> instead of creating its own main window. But how on earth do I pass
> this reference to my application written in C? I am guessing it is just
> some index number telling which window it is (?)
I've just downloaded the RTP sources, and see that they are very old
and written for Qt 2.x.

I don't think it's possible to have apps from two different processes
writing to the same window. And as QtRuby uses either Qt 3.x or Qt 4.x,
you can't really integrate the Ruby code with Qt 2.x RTP stuff in the
same process either. If you could port RTP to Qt 3.x it might be
possible, but not otherwise.

-- Richard