You can also try SWExplorerAutomation SWEA from http://webiussoft.com.
SWEA is .Net API, but can be used from Ruby using RubyCLR

example:

require 'rubyclr'
RubyClr::reference 'System'
RubyClr::reference 'SWExplorerAutomationClient'
include SWExplorerAutomation::Client
include SWExplorerAutomation::Client::Controls
include SWExplorerAutomation::Client::DialogControls
explorerManager =  ExplorerManager.new
explorerManager.Connect(-1)
explorerManager.LoadProject('google.htp')
explorerManager.Navigate('http://www.google.com/')
scene = explorerManager['Scene_0']
scene.WaitForActive(30000)
scene["q"].Value = 'c#'