On Jan 14, 2007, at 17:08, matt wrote:
> I wouldn't worry about filing a bug on this.  They made an
> architectural
> decision to  proceed this way on purpose.  They are aware of it being
> broken up into several units, and a bug report would just be closed
> out
> as not a bug.

No.  This is a bug.

It causes confusion for people attempting to use Ruby when their
installation is broken.  People attempting to use Ruby shouldn't have
to post an email to this list to figure out why they can't do X or Y
because some file is missing.

About 10% of the bugs filed against RubyGems are because some
standard part of Ruby wasn't installed by some package manager.  I
shouldn't have to deal with those, and neither should this list.

Breaking up Ruby into pieces is not supported by Ruby's 'make
install', so packagers shouldn't break up Ruby into pieces that Ruby
library authors can't anticipate.

YOU LIT MY GEM ON FIRE!