On 1/14/07, SonOfLilit <sonoflilit / gmail.com> wrote:
> I too think so, but probably most people don't work with a local audited gem
> server, and just install gems from rubyforge - so the rubyforge people carry
> this responsibility, whether they want it or not. They are not /obligated/
> to act accordingly, but it would be appropriate that they do. IMHO.

Tom is very responsive.   This is not entirely a RubyForge issue
though.  RubyGems needs to also know how to respond according to
conflicts.

At one point it was using a "*" after whatever your query was, I think
this has been fixed, but there needs to be work both with the service
(RubyForge) and the platform (RubyGems) to solve this problem.

I'm sure things will get taken care of accordingly.