On 1/14/07, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:
> Somehow hoe-1.1.7 has become poisoned in the RubyGems index:
>
> $ sudo gem install hoe
> Install required dependency zentest? [Yn]  ^CERROR:  Interrupted
>
> There is no gem by the name of 'zentest', and hoe will likely never
> depend on 'ZenTest'.
>
> Until this is fixed you won't be able to install any Gems built with
> hoe-1.1.7.
>
> --
> Eric Hodel - drbrain / segment7.net - http://blog.segment7.net
>
> I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!

I want to apologize to the group on this one.  It was cause my my
utter incomptence, and I know I really screwed up here,  I was testing
adding dependencies, I thought I had it, and In a rush, I added the
bad Hoe gem to rubyforge under a different name, which, I did wrong,
and I shouldn't have done in the first place.  After a while I
realized this could cause problems, so I deleted it, and checked, and
the issue wasn't affecting my machine yet, so I assumed I had caught
it before gems propogated, which I had not.  I know this was a big
fu@king mistake, I know I should have handled it better than just
deleting the gem.  I am very sorry, and hope that it gets resolved
soon, so people are no longer inconvenienced.  If I can do anything to
help this mess, please contact me.  I am sorry to you Eric, and to
this community.

--
Chris Carter
concentrationstudios.com