On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:44:25 -0000, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2007, at 12:30 AM, Eric Hodel wrote:
>
>> Somehow hoe-1.1.7 has become poisoned in the RubyGems index:
>> $ sudo gem install hoe
>> Install required dependency zentest? [Yn]  ^CERROR:  Interrupted
>> There is no gem by the name of 'zentest', and hoe will likely never
>> depend on 'ZenTest'.
>> Until this is fixed you won't be able to install any Gems built with
>> hoe-1.1.7.
>
> This is obviously the work of someone extending rubygems to have
> developer dependencies. Regardless of intent: you had NO RIGHT to upload
> ANYTHING to the gem repository under someone else's name or project.
> NONE. EVER. To say that I'm unhappy about this (and you) is a vast
> f@cking understatement.

Is the implication here that someone on seattle.rb uploaded a new gem, or
that someone hacked Rubyforge to do it, or what? Just wondering, since if
it's the latter others may need to check their gems too, and Tom Copeland
should probably hear about it.

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk