Robert Klemme wrote:
> On 12.01.2007 23:47, Prashant Deva wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me how to have both iis and webrick running on port 80,
>> otherwise people will need to add the port 3000 to the site name each
>> time they visit the ruby site.
>
> Um, you cannot have to processes listen on the same port on one
> interface.

Sure you can.  You can if you give the interface card 2 IP addresses
and have each process only listen to port 80 on one of the IPs.
I don't know how to do this in IIS; but Apache's docs describe
in their "Setting up multiple daemons" daemons section.   I assume
webrick offers similar?  Or are you considering this a different port?

> You either have to resort to using a different port with
> WebRick (hopefully this is not a production server) or you make IIS
> serve Ruby code.  You can certainly do this with CGI.  I do not know
> whether there is better (faster) integration available for this web
> server (FastCGI?).  Another solution is to configure a redirect in IIS
> that sends certain URL's off to the WebRick server on another port. Lots
> of options...

I'd say his easiest alternative is to run Apache on port 80; and
have it proxy some requests to some ruby server (hopefully better
than webrick - maybe mongrel) and proxy other requests to IIS running
on a different port.  And then firewall off the IIS and webrick ports
of course for security reasons.