On 1/12/07, Jeremy McAnally <jeremymcanally / gmail.com> wrote:
> But the question is would the hoe developers use this?  They seem
> fairly stuck on this whole idempotentence kick.

Does that really matter?  On more than one occasion, Eric and Ryan
have made it clear they simply do not care whether the users of their
software are happy with their decisions in this and other projects.

They're lucky to be talented enough where this kind of stubbornness
doesn't seem to effect them much.   It's their code, so it's their
decision how they package things.

I'll be honest, I'd like to give hoe a try, but I won't use it if it
continues to inject itself as it is.  Not because I think that Ryan
and Eric are evil or even necessarily *wrong* about this, but because
I personally don't want to be dragging around meta dependencies with
my code.

So if I do try it out, it'll likely be via Evan's forked echoe
project.  Sucks to have to do that, but eh, that's the nature of the
beast.