Daniel Berger wrote:
> Sammy Larbi wrote:
>>The problem I see with that is similar to removing programs in Windows.
>>...  I think any optional
>>dependencies would need a good description of what it is and why you
>>would want it.  Something better than a small phrase, anyway.
>
> Ok, so we do the same thing for uninstalls:

I think the uninstall thing was just an analogy. I believe he was
referring to those types of messages being cryptic in general. "Test
suite only? Why yes, I write unit tests! I guess I have to get rspec,
too." Or say you're installing some logger package... "win32console (for
color messages)? What if I want some in color and some not?"

Meh, those are bad examples. For that matter, I'm not positive a good
example exists. Meh, whatever. I *do* remember that a Gentoo USE
variable of (say) +SSL meant many, many, many different things depending
on what you were installing, but that's neither here nor there.

Devin