Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:23318] class Foo does not call Class.new?"
    on 01/10/26, Brian Marick <marick / testing.com> writes:

|It seems that this:
|	class Foo
|	end
|does not invoke Class.new in Ruby 1.6.3. Is that right?

Right.

|Does it in 1.7?

No.  But in 1.7.1, I defined something I call "allocation framework",
which is

  * basically, no "new" overriding (that allows your Class#new trick
    work in many cases).

  * instance allocation is done by "allocation" method of the class,
    for example, Array#allocation for arrays.

  * there's a few exceptions remain, for example Class does not call
    "allocation".

Unfortunatly, allocation framework does not solve all your problems.

|Should it?

Maybe.  Need to discuss a little.  Some inconsistencies are due to
performance reason.  So I may be able to fix them when faster engine
is available.

							matz.