Bira wrote:
> The way it's done now (sin(90), cos(90), etc.) makes sense because
> it's similar to the actual mathemathical notation I learned back in
> grade school. I find it easier to parse than 90.sin, especially when
> the argument is actually an expression rather than a constant number.

Generally I find that I often prefer functional style over OO whenever
the behavior of a method should only ever depend on basic properties of
the public API of an object rather than internal details, don't need
knowledge of the "real" class of an object, and don't have side
effects. Most numerical method would fall in that category.

There are inconsistencies that annoy me with Ruby, though, such as
Math.sin(x) but x.abs

Vidar