Is there any up to date todo-list for Ruby and related projects?
As Clemens pointed out at [ruby-talk:00068] it's really good idea to have
one around. Maybe even at language web page.

After Matz response at [ruby-talk:00074] I haven't seen any updates.

I update what I know (or what I guess) from that list. Markup:
- d done
- ? status unknown to me
- P remains as a problem
- s not implemented but assumed there's solution, just waits in a queue
- X solved and implemented

I append ! if I've seen discussion around issue (which is basically
'lately').

 Language Spec.

  * ?  package or access control for global variables
  * s  named arguments like foo(nation:="german").
  * s  multiple return values, yield values.  maybe imcompatible

  Hacking Interpreter

  * P  non-blocking open (e.g. named pipe) for thread
  * P! avoid blocking with gethostbyname/gethostbyaddr
  * d  objectify interpreters
  * ?  remove rb_eval() recursions
  * ?  syntax tree -> bytecode ???
  * s! scrambled script, or script filter

  Extension Libraries

  * d  mod_ruby, FastCGI ruby
  * d  InterBase module
  * ?  ptk.rb pTk wrapper that is compatible to tk.rb

  Ruby Libraries

  * d  CGI.rb
  * d  httplib.rb, urllib.rb, nttplib.rb, etc.
  * s! format like perl's

  Tools

  * d  extension library maker like XS or SWIG
  * s! freeze or undump to bundle everything

  Misc

  * d  translate README.EXT fully into English
  * d! publish Ruby book(s)