On Wed, Jan 10, 2007, Eric Hodel wrote:
> >I think the question is "why is this neat tool useful only to the
> >gem's
> >developer required to install the gem on end-user systems?"
> >
> >So... why is that?
>
> rake test

Makes sense, didn't think about that.  Still, though, gem install -t
does the same thing and doesn't require dependencies.

> PS: Nobody complains about hoe depending on rake which is 2.5 times
> larger.

Rake is useful for more than just gem deployment.

I shouldn't need to install the rubyforge gem to install someone else's
library, but if they packaged it with hoe, I'm forced to.  This doesn't
make sense.

I'm all for both of them being folded into gem, though.  If they were
already there, nobody would have anything to complain about ;)

Ben