Ruby/FLTK 0.9.6 , 2007-01-09
http://ruby-fltk.sourceforge.net/

"Graphical functions of FLTK for make benefit glorious language of Ruby"

What is this?:

Ruby/FLTK is a Ruby binding for the FLTK (Fast, Light Toolkit) GUI
library.

Headlines!:
- Having languished somewhat in late 2006, Ruby/FLTK returns with a
  fat ChangeLog in 2007.
- A new class FLTK::Spinner (if your FLTK version is >= 1.1.7).
- All of FLTK's enumeration values and constant macros are bound to
  Ruby constants (with a few justifiable exceptions).
- Several new FLTK class methods (see ChangeLog).
- Convenience I: if FLTK.color receives a block it yields and then
  restores the original color.
- Convenience II: you can invoke #{rectf,rect,push_clip,pop_clip} on
  widget objects and the boundary of the widget will be used as the
  rectangle.
- FLTK.{choice,input,password} sprintf their arguments in the same way
  as their counterparts in FLTK (NB: FLTK.{message,alert,ask} already
  did this).
- New non-sprintf-ing methods
  FLTK.{message0,alert0,ask0,choice0,input0,password0} (NB: you should
  switch to these methods if you did not realise that their cousins
  call sprintf, as it will fix subtle bugs that appear when the
  argument contains a'%' ).
- Big cleanup of tests and sample scripts, plus a few additions.

Details are in the Release Notes and the ChangeLog.

The focus for version 0.9.7 will be:
  * Push towards full coverage of FLTK's global functions and Fl::*
    methods.
  * Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jeremy Henty
jeremy_henty / sourceforge.net

--
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right