--nextPart17441531.fdFuUJYqkk

--Boundary-01HkoFct0nb8S5KP

On Sunday 07 January 2007 15:04, Ionut Artarisi wrote:
> This is my first ruby program that actually does all it's supposed to do.
> It doesn't have a lot of style, but hopefully my next programs will look
> better. The wordlist is from wordlist.sourceforge.net and the first part of
> the program reads the word.lst file and puts all the words in an array.
>
> Hope it does what it's supposed to do, as i couldn't see the texttwist on
> yahoo.
> I'm also attaching the Unnoficial Jargon File Wordlist word.lst file.
>
> -Ionuţ Arţrii

I remembered a mistake that i had done. Well not actually a mistake. I just
wrote some 10 lines of code that did some extra work that i never actually
used later in the program. I deleted those lines now, which resulted in a
unidimensional array (it was bidimensional before). This version should be
more readable and should make more sense though there's no extra
functionallity. So the version on rubyquiz.com should be replaced with this
one, for the sake of future readers if it's not too much of a trouble.

Thank you. And thank you for rubyquiz.com. It's fantastic!

--Boundary-01HkoFct0nb8S5KP

### getting words from the list in word.lst
# assuming that each word in the file is on a different line
# and using the Unofficial Jargon File Word Lists from http://wordlist.sourceforge.net
#
f  ile.open("word.lst", "r")
fi  .read.gsub("\n", " ").scan(/\w+/).to_a
f.close
allwords  rray.new
fi.each {|word| (if ((word.length > ) and (word.length < ))
                    allwords << word.upcase
                 end)
}
## now they're all in an array
bwords  rray.new
  allwords.each {|word| (if (word.scan(/./).length 6)
                  bwords << word
                 end)
  }
  bwords.collect{|c| c.upcase!}

# code above sorts words with 6 letters into bwords

score
star  "
while (i 1) do
  puts "Pick a number between 0 and " + bwords.length.to_s + " or press Enter to end game."
  m  ets.chop
  if (m ! ")
    n  .to_i
    wordie  words[n].scan(/./).sort_by{rand}.to_s.upcase # word scramble

    puts "You have chosen the word: "  + wordie
    foo
    all  llwords.dup
    while (foo 0)

      puts "Form words! Type 0 to pick another word."

      guess  ets.chop.upcase
      while (o < guess.length) # tests if the letters used are legal
        guessy  uess.dup
        bwords[n].scan(/./).collect{|e| (guessy  uessy.sub(e , ""))}
        o +

      end
        if guessy ""
          if (all.include? guess) # tests if the guess is in the wordlist
              all.delete(guess)
              score + uess.length
              puts "Your score is now: " + score.to_s

               if (guess bwords[n]) #tests and rewards if the guess is the original word
                 star << "*"
                 foo  337
                 puts " and you have " + star + " stars."
               end
          elsif (guess "EXIT0")
             foo  337
          else
            puts "Incorrect! Try Again!"
          end

        elsif (guess "EXIT0")
          foo  337
        else
         puts "The letters used were illegal. Try again."

    bwords.delete_at(n)
  else
    puts "Your final score was: " + score.to_s + " and you have gathered " + star + " stars. (One star for each original 6 letter word found.)"