On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, ts wrote:

>  You want also a prototype in these cases ?

Correct prototypes are always nice.  In those cases, however, I never call
any of those functions from an extension, so it doesn't affect me, so long
as any code that calls those functions is correct.  In the future,
however, those prototypes will have to be fixed, because using () is an
"obsolecent" feature of C (section 6.11.6 of the standard).

Prototypes that I am most concerned about are those for functions that I
might actually call from an extension (I do not trust myself to always get
my arguments correct).  This includes any prototype found in a header
file (particularly ruby.h and intern.h, but also st.h, regex.h, and
util.h).

Paul