James Britt wrote:
> Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>>   Hello all !

>>   I hope this will inspire some of you looking for a good GUI solution
>> with Ruby.
>
> Looks interesting, but how does one get started  using Ruby and Qt4?

  For now, the pure Ruby resources are scarce. If you had a bit of
experience with Qt in C++, it is very easy to learn. I however believe
it is possible to learn straight in Ruby. In any case:

  * install the Qt C++ documentation (absolutely necessary) (or look
online at http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/index.html)
  * read http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/ruby/index.html;
  * go through the qtruby/rubylib/tutorial and rqtruby/rubylib/examples/
running the different programs. You'll learn a lot looking at the code,
and it is much more readable in pure Ruby. (by the way, if you can
report broken examples, it is even better ;-)...). These examples are
converted from C++, so you should have a look at the Qt documentation
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/examples.html).

  This should help a lot...

	Vince

--