I'll see if Ara and his friend are interested in an interview, but I
don't know anyone on the UnSpun team.  I would be interested in
interviewing them if I can get some contact information.  I'll also
contact the team from Steve Case's startup...

I think these sorts of things are what sell to people in management
honestly.  For example, I've been working on selling Ruby/Rails to my
superiors here on campus.  They're very security and stability
conscience, so mentioning anything other than PHP for the website and
Java for application software is pretty much out of the question.  The
first question out of their mouth was "Who else is using it?  We're
not going to use it unless it's been proven."  Point blank.

Now, if I were a ruby newbie who just learned the language and wanted
to use it, then I would've been stuck.  Fortunately, I'm fairly in
touch with where Ruby is being used and could provide some example
that yes, real people use Ruby.  It's not just a Japanese guy and a
few startups that dont' have a real product.  Ruby has proven/is
proving itself in a lot of places.  Having this page gives people who
aren't that plugged into what's going on that same sort of
information.  I think it's pretty important; I'm just not sure that a
fat list of links is the best way to present it.

Even further, some developers might be curious about Ruby, but be
discouraged if theres no evidence of it actually being used.  I hear
this a lot from people who are interested in learning laguages like
Haskell, but don't see any practical value in it since they're not
going to use it outside of a hobby.

--Jeremy

P.S. - My superiors bought it and Ruby powers a lot of things around
here.  Now...I just need to get hold of the website... ;)

--
My free Ruby e-book:

My blogs:
http://www.mrneighborly.com/