At 05:30 PM 10/25/2001 +0900, you wrote:
> > I would like to release a pre-alpha version of my RubyInRubyParser. It's a
> > direct translation of matz' one into Ruby code. It's already quite
> complete,
> > but still missing are:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
>Great news! Ironically, myself and Rich Kilmer (who kindly teamed up to
>write unit tests) was about to release our RubyInRuby parser. What a
>wonderful bazaar this is!

I'd personally like to see projects like this flourish.  Whenever sRuby
gets written (Robert ;) I think the only thing making Squeak Smalltalk any
cooler is all the stuff it comes with.  And that's easy enough to remedy.  :)

A great thing about Ruby is that we could implement a cross-platform
environment like Squeak's, implemented from basic graphics routines like
BitBlt, and then turn around and use it to implement a GUI toolkit for
Ruby, written in Ruby, but never be restricted to using that kind of
environment.

Anyone else want to see this stuff happen?

Jimmy