Hi --

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Ilan Berci wrote:

> My belief from reading that slide show is that the core team must be
> getting hounded with suggestions, observations, complaints, etc... and
> this is causing some considerable lag and frustration in it's life cycle
> and this is a cry by the lead saying "Enough is enough!"  I think he is
> absolutely right, his team needs to push this thing out and then
> formalize the process of change.  IMO, they are pretty much forced to
> accept a formalized process for change requests as there is now a lot of
> momentum behind the language.  I believe this is a key milestone for
> Ruby hitting the big time.

Actually there's been a formalized process for several years:
http://www.rcrchive.net.  It's recently been re-started, and there are
some differences in logistics (mailing lists instead of comments on
the site; more group participation in revision of RCR text).  But the
basic components of the RCR, and the presence of a process, are not
new.

David