Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:23252] Rite code available?"
    on 01/10/25, Phil Tomson <ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com> writes:

|As I recall, Rite is the VM that will be used in Ruby 2.0 (in place of the
|current interpreter).  I also recall a while back that there was an
|announcement on rubygarden about some intial tests of Rite, but now I
|can't find that announcement.  Anyway, is the sourcode for Rite available
|anywhere yet?

There's no code by myself yet.  Masato Kiyama and his friend told me
that they implemented their own implementation of Ruby VM (without
parser), and it ran 3 times faster than the current implementation in
some cases.  It's not full implementation.

You can contact Masato at <masato at csys.ce.hiroshima-cu.ac.jp>, but
don't bother him too much.  He seems pretty busy.

							matz.