Hi Ruby experts,
I think that some sort of macro system similar to one found in Lisp or Scheme
would clearly set Ruby over its rivals like Perl/Python.
In the past I did some programming in Lisp and Scheme and I loved macros.
They are very useful and some times indispensable.
Not having them in Ruby is IMHO a last missing feature on Ruby's path
to world domination:)

Seriously, Ruby already has powerful family of eval functions where one can pass
a binding as a parameter. It paves the way for a class and instance specific
macros like

class MyC
  defmacro myMacro(a, b, c)
    `{....}

obj = MyC.new
obj.myMacro A,B,C

Object Oriented macro extensions should sound exciting!!

It should not be that hard to implement macros using eval for anyone who can
comprehend how Ruby parser works:-)

Any thoughts?

thanks,
--Leo--