Hi All,

I need some help with SWIG and Ruby, I am trying to use some C functions
in ruby.
I have just started with SWIG and have been reading the manual en posts
around the net, but I have not been able to get this to work properly,
here are some if the questions I have:

- When I run opc_connect why isn°«t °»conn_id°… assigned any reference?

- What°«s wrong with the °»%apply int *INOUT°ń°…, when I run opcif_open,
°»if_id°… does not get any reference?

- How do I work with the typedefs °»typedef void * XX°… in ruby?, when I
run opcdata_create, the variable data should get some data or
referenced?

- Is it necessary to create some custom typemaps to make this work?

Any help or example would be appreciated, thanks in advanced for the
help.

ruby Test.rb (OUTPUT)
-----------
TEST: opc_connect
        RC: -20 / ID: <<<-- ???
TEST: opcif_open
        TYPE: 4 / MODE: 24 / ID: <<<-- ???
        RC: -21 / TYPE: 4 / MODE: 24 / ID: <<<-- ???
TEST: opcdata_create
        RC: -21 / DATA: <<<-- ???

Test.rb
--------------------------------------
require 'api'
include Api

puts "TEST: opc_connect\n"
conn_id = nil
rc_conn = opc_connect("opc_adm", "OpC_adm", conn_id)
puts "\tRC: #{rc_conn} / ID: #{conn_id}\n"

puts "TEST: opcif_open\n"
if_type = 4
if_name = "SEBASTST"
if_mode = 24
if_id = nil

print "\tTYPE: #{if_type} / MODE: #{if_mode} / ID: #{if_id}\n"
rc_open = opcif_open(if_type, if_name, if_mode, 0, if_id)
print "\tRC: #{rc_open} / TYPE: #{if_type} / MODE: #{if_mode} / ID:
#{if_id}\n"

puts "TEST: opcdata_create\n"
data = nil
rc_data = opcdata_create(0 , data)
puts "\tRC: #{rc_data} / DATA: #{data}\n"
------------------------------

Interface file:
-------------------
%module api

%inline %{
#include "api.h"
%}

%include typemaps.i
%apply int *INOUT { int *interface_id };
--------------------

api.h
--------------------
#define OPCAPI