On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Rob Sanheim wrote:

> I bet once they saw "send!" in the docs or in irb they would
> immediately know how it works.  Its aligns perfectly with many other
> things in the std lib, and fits perfectly with POLS.

agreed.

> As for protecting from people overriding it, I think having the
> underscore forms is enough.  YSYEO ("You'll shoot your eye out.")  I'm
> sure there are programs were object_id and other meta-methods  are
> overridden.  All you can do is warn people against doing it, test your
> code, and of course choose libraries that behave well.

alternatively, it can be externalized so no matter how hard you muck about
with objects you cannot break certain unalienable behvaiours we desire them to
have.

regards.

-a
--
if you find yourself slandering anybody, first imagine that your mouth is
filled with excrement.  it will break you of the habit quickly enough. - the