In article <17736.1003973776 / www56.gmx.net>,
markus liedl  <markus.lado / gmx.de> wrote:

>Hello MetaRuby-Folk,
>
>I would like to release a pre-alpha version of my RubyInRubyParser. It's a
>direct translation of matz' one into Ruby code. It's already quite complete,
>but still missing are:
>
>  lots of type-checking for the produced AST ( try 'self = myself' )
>
>  definition of singleton methods
>
>  strings, re, %q %Q %w %r
>
>  flipflop
>
>  BEGIN/END-block
>
>  reverse rescue
>
>  proc
>

>find it at the cvs-repository
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/rubyvm/

>RubyInRubyParser 0.1-pre-alpha.
>

>If you are not interested in building a VM for Ruby or Syntax
>highlighting for your favourite Editor, then - probably - this is not
>especially interesting for you.

Is the intent for this to eventually lead to a Ruby VM written in Ruby?

I just downloaded Squeak (www.squeak.org) this afternoon and played with
it for a while, it's quite cool that the squeak VM is written in squeak.
The whole squeak system is pretty cool, but I don't know Smalltalk.

Phil