I wouldn't recommed either of those as a primary text; I would perhaps
use them as references (except Ruby Quiz could be fun for homework if
you're evil ;)).

I don't know if there really is anything out there; I've been working
on something in my spare time but I have too many projects on my plate
right now to finish it.  My suggestion would be to develop a
curriculum based on either the Pickaxe or Ruby for Rails (Which is
split up a little better IMHO).

--Jeremy

--
My free Ruby e-book: