On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 07:07 +0900, Ronny Yabar Aizcorbe wrote:
> Hi guys i already installed ruby, i started  creating my first database an
> my table cliente, but when i'm trying to create the model and the controller
> with the command scaffold, i got a message " no such file or directory".
> when i type in my directory: script/generator scaffold cliente i got this
> message, what can be the problem, because a friend told me it works for him.
> Thanks for the answer.

You need an extra argument

script/generate scaffold <ModelName> <ControllerName>

try script/generate scaffold
(without arguments) for help with the arguments.

Also,  As a newcomer myself, I'm going to caution you against using
scaffolding.  It will only cause you heartache and pain in the long run.
And when you came back to ask for help, the experts around here will
tell you to get rid of the scaffold code and code it by hand,  of course
they are kind enough to show you how too :)

Hope it helps

Matt