"Ned Konz" <ned / bike-nomad.com> wrote in message
news:20011024185908.CAC9A3919 / helium.ruby-lang.org...
> On Wednesday 24 October 2001 11:51 am, Jim Freeze wrote:
> > > -- Dave S. [www.smallscript.org]
> >
> > Hmm... Looks like www.smallscript.org is windows exclusive. It crashes
> > netscape on Solaris and FreeBSD. When I turn off javascript, it
> > then complains that my browser does not support frames. Huh?

Hmmm.

That is very good feedback. The site is being revamped, but it is good to
know what you're telling us.

That site was authored inside "RoboHelp" and emitted as a website directly
from the tool. In other words, I really have no idea what it is emitting to
provide the navigation controls.

I do know that it makes use of JavaScript [and possibly Java] to present a
tree-view on the left side for navigation and provide searching facilities.
I also know that it does not use any COM/ActiveX controls. The product
claims that it creates websites that are accessible from standard javascript
enabled browsers on any platform.

The site worked fine from IE, Netscape, and Opera under any flavor of
windows.

I was not particularly concerned about the website in its early form. But as
things progress this becomes a critical issue. Obviously we'll have to make
sure it works on the different browsers of differing platforms.

> > I would like to visit the site, but do I really have to buy windoze to
do
> > so?

Absolutely not.

> And under Konqueror it tries to load a bunch of Java applets; turning off
> Java still doesn't work.
>
> Under Mozilla it just does nothing.

Sigh...

> --