I keep trying to like Bruce. This question arrived for the nth time on a day
that I just happened to spend about 45 minutes at Bruce's web site, looking
at his publicity photos
(http://www.mindview.net/Etc/About/about.html#PublicityPhoto). Please note
that I have looked at pictures of Bruce before, so my opinions here are not
limited to a 45 minute perusal of his publicity photos. Also note that I've
looked at photos of a fair number of consultants and authors, especially
those of Dave Thomas (e.g. http://www.chadfowler.com/rubyconf.html), and
studied some of them in depth, so I like to think I know what I'm looking
for.

The question that kept popping into my head as I was mooning over Bruce's
photos was "why?" Why should I care what Bruce thinks of me? ...

-- The Ruby Programming Language