On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:23, Robert Feldt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Python/Eckel thread made my want to post this request once more:
>
>   Please post your wishlist for extensions that you think Ruby is
>   missing. If you've been using Perl/CPAN and/or Python/Starship think
>   about what extension was really good and "saved your day". If you
>   haven't been using any of these arch's then think about your "dream
>   extensions". In any case also "think out of your box" and imagine
>   which extensions would be a great asset to you and your fellow
>   developers.
>
>   When you've done this please add your thoughts to the page
>   http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?LibraryModules and post a summary to
>   ruby-talk.
>
>   Hopefully someone will take your request on and RAA/Ruby will grow.

Seeing as you have asked for ideas, what I would _really_ like to see, but
just do not have the skills to do much about it myself, except for testing,
is an interactive window creation system. Something similar to the vtcl
system for Tck/Tk would be wonderful. If the window widget system could be
FOX that would be just niverna.