Kristof Bastiaensen <kristof / vleeuwen.org> writes:

> Subject: Re: A reftex-like mode for ruby in emacs ?
>
> On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 05:07:33 +0900, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>
>> Ian Duggan wrote:

>>> Check out the emacs code browser as well (ecb).
>>
>>   Yes, that is great, thanks !
>>
>> 	Vince
>
> For the ri documentation:
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/ri-emacs/
> (shameless plug :-)

and I will second that. I only started looking at ruby a few weeks ago. Since
I'm a long time emacs user, I thought there had to be some sort of initerface
that would allow me to lookup ruby docs from within emacs with just a keystroke
or two. I figured either it already exists or I would code it myself.

A quick google found the ri-emacs project and I immediately downloaded it and
have been using it from within CVS emacs (Emacs 22). It has been very useful
and helped considerably in handling the learning curve associated with a new
language.

Thanks.

Tim
--