On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 02:33 +0900, Tim Pease wrote:
> I, too, have tried contacting Leon but with no luck :(
>
> This does raise the issue of what to do with abandoned projects on
> RubyForge -- especially ones like Log4r that are widely used.  The
> best situation would be one where the author could be contacted and
> project ownership transferred.

Right on.

> Lacking that, should we have some
> probate process where an abandoned project can be transferred after
> the current own fails to respond for some period of time?
>
> Any thoughts out there on this one?  RubyForge Team?

I'd say if you can't contact the maintainer, then after a reasonable
amount of time just fork it.  We'd certainly approve a log4r2, or
something like that.

But I really, really don't like to pull a project out from under an
admin, even if the project is popular and that admin seems to have
disappeared.

Yours,

Tom