spooq wrote:

I might go with Javascript-Pure-Perl - see below. The following is just
wrap-ups.

> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/src/js.c

> Have a look around line 2315.

Interesting, but I don't get It. The IT object ... exists at debug
time, and traces all its calls?

> Not sure exactly how you want to improve on lex?

Regexp is itself also a "little language". However, to get to the
language, we don't need to write a .regex file, compile it with special
compilers, produce a .c file, compile this, link into it, bind to it,
yack yack yack, and so on just to use it.

So, I envision Ruby lines like Lex.new.e(' LetterE -> E | e'). Instead
of externally compiling the little language, we just host it.

That is not important for the current project...

> > Can I add a parser to the Syntax library? It only does Ruby, XML, and
> > YAML so far...
>
> I don't see how that's better than grabbing the Javascript grammar off
> the web in BNF :

In theory, I only need a dirt-simple way to spot-check the source; I'm
not writing a JavaScript interpreter. But it could be better if it
doesn't force me to externally compile the lexer.

> http://corion.net/perl-dev/Javascript-PurePerl.html does javascript to
> xml

Righteous! The project already uses XML (and unit tests with
assert_xpath), so that will fit right in!

Thanks! I honestly would never have thought to try Perl...

--
  Phlip