--nextPart1584976.yAKSk0qFlE

Hello!

I would like to start working on a real project. Start "seeing some action".
I've been reading through ruby books for half a year now, but i haven't yet
started to make real programs. What I would like to do is help an opensource
project somewhere, but i don't really know how or who would need this help
and what skills would that require. There are a lot of questions. When am I
good enough to enroll in such a project? What do I do? Where do I look?

I tried searching for a project on rubyforge, but I only found 3 requests for
a ruby developer and they all looked too complicated. I got put off when
seeing so many lines of code. How exactly does a new developer help when
joining a big project that has been going on for a very long time. Should I
even attempt that?

there are really lots of questions in my mind. I hope someone will point men
the right direction.

Thank you!