M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> L Forrister /rubytalk/ wrote:
>> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>> Those Pythonistas never quit, do they? :)
>>>
>>> http://www.world-science.net/othernews/061130_python.htm
>>>
>> But what does this have to do with Python the language?  The "name
>> sake" of the language was Monty Python's Flying Circus.  Not some
>> snake! ~~LF
>>

> Well then ... why is the little icon on a ".py" file on my Windows
> desktop a cute little smiling snake then? If it had something to do
> with Monty Python, wouldn't it be something completely different?

 From the "General Python FAQ" section 1.1.16  (
http://www.python.org/doc/faq/general/#why-is-it-called-python )
and section 1.1.17.

Actually the icon on the Mac used to be a 16 ton weight.  Which came
from Monty Python's Flying Circus.  It's interesting that you pose the
question as "something completely different?"  Because, "And now for
something completely different," was frequently used to transition from
one skit to another on the Circus.  Don't know if you had that in mind.

~~LF