> I was a bit surprised about Matz mention of the little things in his
> last <a
> href="http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/slides/rc2006/mgp00017.html">ketynote</a>.
> Little things can make all the difference! In fact, long time Rubyists
> have been waiting a long for some important "little" things. Here's
> some of the things on my little list....
>  [...]

When we're talking about little things, I've got one suggestion as
well. Python has the nice trick that you can call any object like a
function by simply overriding the __call__ method. Something like that
would be nice to have in Ruby as well. When you call an object with
the normal syntax, the fallback could be the #call method or some
such. Then it'd be possible to do this:

  def some_method(&proc)
    proc("Hello")
    proc "Hello"
    proc 1, 2, 3
  end

I admit that having a separate function namespace means that we can
have ice syntax for method calls with no parens, but something like
this would permit some cool tricks.

--
- Simen