Dave Thomas wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Daniel Berger wrote:
>
> > The word 'test' in both cases ends up hyperlinked to the test
> > method, even though I don't want it to.  It thought you had to
> > write it as Foo#test, or use 'link:', in order to get a hyperlink
> > like that. Is this a bug?
>
> Nope. Debatable, perhaps

It's not clear in the documentation (Programming Ruby 2nd ed., p. 204)
that this is what the behavior is, unless I've missed it.  I've always
written Foo#test if I wanted a method explicitly hyperlinked, because I
thought you had to.  And, now that I see what the current behavior is,
I think I would prefer that explicit hyperlinking be required.

> But it's the way I intended it.

Well, I guess I'll have to live with it then I suppose, since some
people may be expecting it at this point, but I'd definitely be curious
to see what other people think.

Regards,

Dan