Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> |* Oh, and lets not forget the forever arguable method name for (class
> |<< self; self; end). But please give us something concise.
>
> Yes, the name is the biggest obstacle now.
I take it you don't like meta_class, the most often proposed name for
it. How about virtual_class, or singleton_class, or both?

irb(main):001:0> a=5; def a.foo; end
TypeError: can't define singleton method "foo" for Fixnum
         from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0> a=""; class Foo < (class << a; self end); end
TypeError: can't make subclass of virtual class
         from (irb):2

:)

Devin
(Sorry, I don't know what's already been proposed. Shame on me for not
researching it...)