James Edward Gray II wrote:
> I've been looking at the to_sentence() method in Rails.  It's
> basically a join(), but you can give a different final separator.  I
> personally use this kind of functionality often enough to believe it
> would make a good addition to the core language.

What makes the final separator so special that it deserves inclusion,
while making no allowance for a pre-separator? Just the English
language?

(At the same time as I ask this, I'm wondering if asking for
completeness for the sake of completeness, without a corresponding use
case, is the sort of foolish consistency that is the hobgoblin of
little minds.)