Just one quick comment:

"[...] what could potentially kill the language.
We can have the best language on the Planet, but if the language
features are only accessible to those that are willing to go code-diving
for the answers, then the target audience is going to be slim."

I disagree to the potential of this.
I myself am sometimes annoyed at the lack of any
documentation, this sometimes involve old code - new code
almost always is nicely documented :)

However, only a lack of docu wont stop me from using
ruby. Most naturally because I do not HAVE to use 100%
of the language, and books like the pickaxe really
did help a LOT - IF any docu has to be added, then
i'd look at these things first ;)

- More focus on the C part of Ruby. Its a little bit
difficult to find enough good quality documents about
extending Ruby in C
- Allow only code into stdlib etc.. that has a minimum
docu
- Replacement for ri/rdoc or updating, so many people
rely on it for documenting their code, but the
html frame alone isnt always that appealing, and
ri can sometimes be slow, silly or... well
- Ruby website should offer online docu similar to how
php does. Php as a language is a curse, but the
online docu is rather good. I think ruby should
take up the idea of providing good online docu.

Anyway... just some of my long 2 cc, dont mean
to interrupt! :D