On 12/29/06, pat eyler <pat.eyler / gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like there's a cool programming contest scheduled for New Year's Eve:
> http://opc.kurukshetra.org.in/opc/
>
>  a $1,000 first prize, a $500 second prize, and 5 x $100 third prizes.
>
> I'm not sure which timezone this is actually happening in, as it's
> based in India,
> but it looks pretty cool nonetheless.

Sadly, I lost the ability to be productive coding between 12:30 and
6:30am about three years ago, otherwise I'd give it a shot.

It did get me thinking about organizing a ruby coding contest for the
community, though.  Limit to Ruby only, similar organization/scoring
to this one (6 problems worth points, bonus points for the
smallest/fastest/least memory on each problem) and do cash prizes.  I
don't have $1500 to put up for prizes, but if a $5 admission was
organized, 30 people could make a $75/$50/$25 prize split.

Would anyone be interested in participating in such a contest?

- Jamie