Eric Hodel wrote:
>> This is how rubygems is typically installed (by not supplying the
>> --prefix option in step 4).  But you do not have root access.  You
>> just needed to add rubygems to the $LOAD_PATH.

Hello again,

O.k., I removed my old rubygems install and did it again but without the --prefix-dir and
everything is now honky dory.

 From the rubygems user manual installation help, I assumed that a "default" install would
always go to /usr/lib/ruby/etc.... But it doesn't - it gets installed wherever ruby was
installed (at least, that's what happened on my box).

Thanks for your patience.

cheers,

paulv

--