On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Pit Capitain wrote:

> ara.t.howard / noaa.gov schrieb:
>> mine is slowest of all, however it preserves blocks: see if you can speed
>> it up (...)
>
> Ara, maybe your implementation is slow, but at least you are too fast for me
> :-) I just wanted to start a new thread asking for alternative techniques...
>
> Your implementation has the syntatical advantage that you can call the
> previous implementation with the super keyword.

heh - i'm working on making it stack based attm so one can do

   push_method 'foo' do
     'the new foo' or super  # super works!
   end

and, later

   pop_method 'foo' # restore super

cheers.

-a
--
if you find yourself slandering anybody, first imagine that your mouth is
filled with excrement.  it will break you of the habit quickly enough. - the