Hi,

Dan Berger's recent thread about using UnboundMethod#bind to redefine an
existing method reminded me of a problem I still have:

   What is the fastest way to redefine an existing method?

With "fast" I don't mean the process of redefining the method, but the
time it takes to actually call the new implementation.

With "redefining an existing method" I mean changing the implementation
of an existing method so that in the new implementation it is possible
to call the old one and use its return value.

I've seen many different techniques in the past here on ruby-talk, but I
haven't looked at the tradeoffs. I promise to write a page on the ruby
garden wiki with the results.

Regards,
Pit