"cibsbui" <cibsbui / hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:mgrB7.234758$ME2.31686898 / typhoon.kc.rr.com...
> I am using VisualAge Smalltalk. Your code looks Java-ske. I am not able to
> comprehend your suggestion.

<g> Well that's certainly fair.

I was really trying to ask if my comments were at all helpful in thinking
about the problem itself. I recognize that classic Smalltalk does not have
direct support for Interfaces.

Even so, thinking in terms of interfaces is often a good way to assess and
understand the problem/pattern for implementation within Smalltalk. I.e.,
looking at it as API/Protocol/Componentized-Behavior.

-- Details --
SmallScript is a new language based on a superset of Smalltalk. The sample
scriptlet I put in the previous post is SmallScript in its declarative form.
If there were a classic Smalltalk IDE for SmallScript, then as we see in
classic Smalltalks like VisualAge, you could ignore/bypass the declarative
abstraction layer (dynamic language object model). Where you would use the
code browsers to directly manage the imperative (eval) method/class
creation/edit operations and handle repository change tracking.
-- End Details--

I was really trying to assess whether or not your problem was one of mixin
behavior. And whether or not having the language facilities in Smalltalk to
express mixin behavior would help you.

-- Dave S. [www.smallscript.org]