Yep, as the post title implies, I'm a newbie.  Being a pragmatic newbie
I'd rather be learning to program, than searching for answers to
non-language acquisition questions/problems.  I'm pretty sure the
following falls in that latter group, so if it's in a manual somewhere
please tell me so _politely_ and point me to _the_ manual. :-)

I'm starting to go through Dave Thomas' Programming Ruby/Picaxe (I'm on
pgs 25-26 2nd edition if you care) and I'm using TextMate/Terminal to
code and run modified versions of the book's examples.  So I ran a
version of the following with a typographical error, which was apparent
with the Terminal feedback.  So far, so good.  I fixed the error and
tried to run it again.  The problem is that now when I run it, all I
get in response is a new blank prompt.  I've tried renaming the file,
the class, giving it a completely new set of variables in the array and
quiting/restarting the Terminal.  If I type the _exact_ same thing into
irb I'm able to create a book and book2 instance and .inspect each of
them.  But with the TextMate/Terminal combo = Nothing, nadda, zip!
HELP, PLEASE!

#filename bib.rb

class Book
  def initialize(title, author, pages)
    @title   = title
    @author  = author
    @pages   = pages

book = Book.new("Ruby Tutorial", "Dave", 831)
book.inspect

#terminal results
computer: me$ ruby bib.rb
computer: me$