On 12/22/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb / nasa.gov> wrote:
> Trans wrote:
> >
> > I think there is a tendency to overestimate tools like Trac.
>
> Indeed, as the http://agilemanifesto.org says,
>
>   Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
>
> but for a team of 12 under a posse of project managers,
> Trac is a necessary evil.  And when you approach tens
> of teams and whole organizations worth of project managers,
> Trac looks gossamer thin.

Personally, our startup (10 people at the moment) has been a lot
happier since we moved from Trac to Bugzilla + Mediawiki. I can't
remember the specifics, but Trac simply lacked some features our QA
lead was used to from Bugzilla, and it was too much of a pain to try
and see if we could find a third party plugin that implemented them.

On the other hand, Trac was very quick and easy to set up, and got us
off the ground with minimum effort. I wouldn't have wanted to start
off using Bugzilla.

martin