Question: Don't modules give you a namespace capability?

I realize it does not in the sense that overriding a method on class Array will effect the entire interpreter, but in the sense that it partitions symbols (variables, classes, modules, etc).

Are you speeking here of an ability to actually change Array, but have that change only be available to the originating "namespace" and classes (or modules) defined within a "namespace" are only visible to that "namespace"?