Max Russell wrote:
> I have a harness I'm using for testing with Watir. It has become
> apparent that the iterator is loading the tests defined based on the
> order they appear in the directory as opposed to the order in the
> testlist.
>
> File.open('testlist.txt').each_line do |entry|
>   self.send(:define_method, entry.strip){ load "#{entry.strip}.rb"}
>

> so if the testlist read something like
>
> test_aac
> test_aab
> test_aaa
>
> instead of executing them in the order above it would do
>
> test_aaa
> test_aab
> test_aac
>
> I'm probably being thick, but I'm not spotting where my iterator is
> going wrong?

There is nothing wrong with your iterator here. However what
you are doing with your iterator is calling define_method
which will generate methods ( presumably test methods )
inside your test class.

I am guessing that the test framework is agnostic as to
the order you define methods. It would probably pull them
off the class with

	Class:instance_methods

which I will probably generate a list in alphabetical order
which is what you see.

--
Brad Phelan
http://xtargets.com